I’m adding books and links to people who support Neurodivergence, or information from my choice of Heroes who just think differently…
Please send me your suggestions for addition at firstname.lastname@example.org
Books – these are mostly Amazon links, if you select ‘kindle edition’, choose the ‘sample’ button and try before you buy.
- The Choice by Edith Eger
- Man’s Search For Meaning by Viktor E Frankl
- NeuroTribes: The Legacy of Autism and How to Think Smarter About People Who Think Differently by
- You Were Born to Win, digital download 91p, Daisaku Ikeda here
- The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat. by Oliver Sacks (Author)
- An Anthropologist on Mars by
- Ikigai: The Japanese secret to a long and happy life by Héctor García
A video introduction to Carl Safina’s work
Recommended links and sites
Link here to website Neuro Diversity Connect based in Australia.
Link here to Michelle Swan’s very simple infographic on neurodiversity
Link here to Nick Walker’s web site on Neurodiversity, Autism and Cognitive Liberty: Towards a Neurocosmopoitan Society.
History of Mainstream Western Psychiatry
I’m pasting a link here to; ‘From Freud to Fluoxetine – A history of Psychiatry’ by Mark L. Ruffalo. Mark serves as an instructor of psychiatry and social work at several academic institutions in Florida. A potentially useful resource into how the human mind/brain has been viewed/treated in the past… I’ve added a sensitive content warning.